Senior Engineer - Systems Engineering (FLEX/REMOTE-US)
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
Impacts approaches, projects and programs in the functional area or affected business organization and ways of working. Impacts quality, efficiency and effectiveness of own team. Has significant input into priorities. Guided by professional practices and policies that are shaped by the role. The role has moderate autonomy, requiring high levels of operational judgment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Conducts component and product integration. All activities that span multiple components and products and are concerned with how to integrate for maximum performance and operability.
- Manages product and systems requirements, specifications and flow down.
- Drives validation and verification activities for the overall product/system, including system level testing.
- Responsible for defining product requirements for the module / component / subcontractors and partners teams.
- Manages interface between components and execution organizations.
- Responsible for driving CTQ / Risk trades within the teams designing the components.
- Manages the overall product configuration and configuration control system.
- Developing specialized knowledge in their discipline.
- Serves as best practice/quality resource.
- Has awareness of latest technical developments in own area.
- Contributes towards strategy and policy development, and ensure delivery within area of responsibility.
- Has in-depth knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; has working knowledge of competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market.
- Uses judgment to make decisions or solve moderately complex tasks or problems in areas of operational/product management, manufacturing, technology or engineering.
- Takes new perspective on existing solutions.
- Uses technical experience and expertise for data analysis to support recommendations.
- Uses multiple internal and limited external sources outside of own function to arrive at decisions.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- May lead small projects with moderate risks and resource requirements.
- Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus.
- Developing persuasion skills required to influence others on topics within field.
- For roles outside of the USA- This role requires significant experience in the Engineering/Technology & Systems Engineering. Knowledge level is comparable to a Master's degree from an accredited university or college ( or a high school diploma with relevant experience).
- For roles in USA - Master's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 6 years of experience in Job Family Group(s)/Function(s)).
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance that begins on the first day of employment
- Permissive time off policy for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Bonus Plan Eligible
- And more!
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening. GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this.
- This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years' experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with
- Full time
Posted 14 Jun 2022
Closes 13 Jul 2022
This job was posted to: Product support