Lead Services and Projects Specialist
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Peebles, Ohio, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing environmental compliance, regulatory oversight, and state/federal permitting for the assigned site.
- Develop, strategize, and execute on short- and long-term goals and objectives for GE Aviation's EHS function, with a focus on air media.
- Coordinate environmental programs and provide environmental assistance to the site, providing practical and technical expertise, advice, and solutions.
- Proven leadership capabilities: managing risk mitigation and resolution for environmental related events.
- Closely monitor compliance with site liquid effluent permit limits, including sanitary and stormwater water.
- Interface with Aviation operations and EHS on permit and regulatory related items including compliance inspections, federal and state reporting.
- Provide environmental subject matter expertise on multiple business and corporate projects and initiatives including business compliance assurance
- Actively support Kaizen/Lean initiatives.
- Work in close liaison and maintain a positive rapport with federal and state agencies/inspectors, as the site environmental lead, fielding questions, providing follow-up, and overseeing compliance inspections.
- Manage environmental metrics and track progress against established goals/objectives while assuring compliance to applicable federal/state permits and licensing.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in Environmental, Health, and Safety.
- Additional 3 years of experience in Environmental, Health, and Safety.
- Experience with ISO 14001 and OSHA requirements.
- 10+ years of industry experience.
- BS degree in Engineering, advanced technical degree, or Professional Engineer (PE) license.
- Humble: respectful, receptive, agile, eager to learn
- Transparent: shares critical information, speaks with candor, contributes constructively
- Focused: quick learner, strategically prioritizes work, committed
- Leadership ability: strong communicator, decision-maker, collaborative
- Problem solver: analytical-minded, challenges existing processes, critical thinker
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance that begins on the first day of employment
- Permissive time off policy for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Bonus Plan Eligible
- And more!
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 13 Jun 2022
Closes 12 Jul 2022
This job was posted to: Project manager