Services Technology Leader - Machining
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Remote, Oregon, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
- Guiding and standardizing Capital Expenditures
- Technical expert for machining processes providing shop support to drive business improvements (delivery, quality, safety, cost, scrap reduction, etc.)
- Contribute to and sign-off Standard Practice Manual (SPM) updates and improvements
- Synergize and leverage New Make best practices
- Coordinate with global MRO site-level Special Process owners to leverage best practices, communicate lessons learned, and drive process improvements to achieve yield entitlement and best in class cost of ownership
- Create Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Ability to interpret engineering Engine Shop Manual (ESM) and Standard Practice Manual (SPM) requirements and institute best practices
- Institutionalize LEAN practices to improve delivery
- Provide mentorship and create training materials for new Special Process Owners
- Standardize Quality Control Work Instructions in partnership with MRO global site-level Special Process Owners
- Author audit checklists
- This role requires a Bachelors Degree in Engineering from an accredited university or college.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in manufacturing or a manufacturing engineering function.
- Ability to collaborate within a global network and peers
- MRO shop experience
- Special Process Owner certification in machining processes
- Understanding and ability to direct LEAN improvements
- Understanding of shop operations and manufacturing processes
- Demonstrated application of GD&T, GR&R, and SPC
- Greenbelt certification or extensive quality experience
- Solid project management skills and demonstrated history of effective horizontal leadership
- Ability to communicate with shop operators and business leaders to drive improvements
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to calculate and present business cases in support of change
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong decision-making skills and the ability to identify problems and propose solutions
- Working knowledge of MS Office
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
#LI-Remote - This is a remote position
- Full time
Posted 12 Jun 2022
Closes 11 Jul 2022
This job was posted to: Project manager