Aviation Software Engineer - C++/Mobile - Hybrid Model (Remotely & In the Office)
- Lufthansa - 475 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/lufthansa/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/253c86a5-69a7-460d-887a-c091b0a3d853131305099052685562.png
Your main tasks include, among others:
- Participate in the development of a best-in-class mapping application.
- Help us build a mobile charting app that dynamically renders vector charts, and displays the aircraft position to help the pilot avoid getting lost in the clouds.
- You will primarily work in C++, but you will have a chance to utilize a mix of other interesting languages (C#) and technologies.
- You will participate in all phases of software development: talk to domain experts to figure out what's needed, translate those needs into requirements, architect the internals, and implement it.
*Perform all other duties assigned or delegated by supervisors.
Flight privileges, 15 Vacation Days, 401k plan, Commuter Benefits, Education, Employee Assistance Program, Family Policy, Flex Holidays, Healthcare, Life Insurance, Long Disability, Short Disability, up to 60 Sick Days
Behind the scenes
Join Lufthansa Systems Americas, Inc!
A great time to join our growing and dynamic team!
Ready to take off?
We are excited to share this journey with you!
The ideal Aviation Software Engineer must fulfill the following requirements:
- 2+ years of experience in software development
- Good command of C++ (or C# or any other object-oriented language)
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a similar discipline
- Good knowledge of data structures and related algorithms, good understanding of computational complexity (Big-O)
- Software engineering skills (object oriented design, design patterns, project life-cycle)
- Must be authorized to work in the USA
- Familiarity with algorithms related to computational geometry
We offer a competitive salary based on experience and qualifications, health insurance and a generous 401(k) program. Oh and did we mention flight benefits? Use your vacation time to see the world!
*CV/Resume and Cover Letter required
*Full vaccination against Covid19 is a requirement
About Lufthansa Systems Americas, Inc.
Lufthansa Systems provides consulting and IT services for selected industries and has a leading position in the global aviation industry. The wholly-owned subsidiary of the Lufthansa Group offers its customers the entire range of IT-services, including consulting, development and implementation of industry solutions as well as operations. At its headquarters in Kelsterbach near Frankfurt/Main, Germany, the company operates one of the most modern data centers in Europe. Lufthansa Systems has offices in Germany and 16 other countries and employs about 2,800 people.
- Full time
Posted 10 Jun 2022
Closes 10 Jul 2022
This job was posted to: Software engineer