Lead Procurement Manager - Procurement Transformation
- easyJet - 40 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/easyjet/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/c8af808d-5d02-4385-abe7-72a5b3b45582131202433215856711.png
Greater London, England
LEAD PROCUREMENT MANAGER - PROCUREMENT TRANSFORMATION
When it comes to innovation and achievement there are few organisations with a better track record. Join us and you'll be able to play a big part in the progres of our highly successful, fast-paced business that opens up Europe so people can exercise their get-up-and-go. With over 300 aircraft flying over 1000 routes to more than 30 countries, we're the UK's largest airline, the fourth largest in Europe and the tenth largest in the world. Flying over 70 million passengers a year, we employ over 10,000 people. Its big-scale stuff.
The Procurement Team manage a significant proportion of the total easyJet external spend which in FY21 was over £1Billion per annum, covering Customer, Operations, Commercial, Business, Corporate, Finance, People and IT functions. The Lead Procurement Manager - Procurement Transformation reports to the Director of Procurement.
- The Lead Procurement Manager - Procurement Transformation is accountable for the procurement processes and policies that govern how we procure as a business.
- The role is the central lead for the delivery of the Supplier Relationship Management framework, compliance, training and communications across all categories within easyJet.
- A nalyse and interpret easyJet's supplier spend behaviour and develop appropriate tender and contract processes and instil best in class procurement processes within the team.
- Developing a common 'best-practice' approach to procurement, as well implementing appropriate technology (P2P), Contracts Management Solutions, Risk Assessment and MI reporting tools (KPI's & Dashboards). In turn, the jobholder will provide operational support and guidance on all procurement-related process, policy and systems issues.
- By driving continuous improvement across the procurement function the jobholder will ensure that the team is delivering against savings targets, efficiency measures, values, internal satisfaction levels and agreed timescales. Furthermore, the jobholder will ensure improved utilisation of ERP systems and eSourcing tools.
- Lead on the development of the functional plan, as well as coordinating departmental activity and projects as assigned by the Director of Procurement including developing and implementing policies, procedures and processes to meet business needs.
- By designing Procurement Policy and related processes that incorporate Ethics and CSR requirements, the jobholder will ensure the function is capable of passing internal and external audits.
- Lead on innovation in technology, insight and use of data.
- Promote great SRM and take an active role in SRM for the strategic suppliers in their category.
- Is passionate about the easyJet mission to make travel 'easy and affordable' and translates Procurement initiatives to support this.
- Being a subject matter expert in source to pay operating model, end to end process and metrics/ performance management.
- Lead procurement transformation project - focused on cost reduction, service excellence, continuous improvement and integration of P2P processes and systems.
- Advocate for digital and technology improvements and work with IT to implement or improve existing procurement technologies for additional productivity improvement.
- Create a 3-year roadmap of deliverables for the transformation of the Procurement team in terms of processes, systems, business engagement and Procurement's profile and the adherence to the policies governing our procurement.
- Actively seek opportunities to drive value and cost savings from easyJet's supply chain.
- Influence a range of key internal stakeholders to support and buy in to chosen strategy and promote procurement.
- Interface with the Finance function for forecasting, tracking spend, and budget preparations.
- Identify, evaluate, select, and implement legal and technology solutions, ways of working and enhanced processes across the Procurement department to increase efficiency and lower costs.
- Develop best in class processes and policies to maximize efficiencies and alignment within the Procurement team as well as the team's alignment across easyJet.
- Develop and implement appropriate metrics and benchmarking through data analytics to measure the Procurement team's performance.
- Develop and implement robust communications and tracking programs.
- Stay aware of Procurement operations industry trends and advise the Director of Procurement on needed upgrades and improvements to business processes and tools.
- Establishment of an external network of thought leaders in procurement and/or technology innovation, in order to acc
- Full time
Posted 9 Jun 2022
Closes 9 Jul 2022
This job was posted to: Airline buyer