Senior Business Analyst - Digital Platforms
- easyJet - 45 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/easyjet/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/c8af808d-5d02-4385-abe7-72a5b3b45582131202433215856711.png
Greater London, England
easyJet is Europe's leading airline offering a unique and winning combination of the best route network connecting Europe's primary airports, with great value fares and friendly service.
easyJet flies on more of Europe's most popular routes than any other airline and carried more than 96 million passengers in 2019 - more than 16 million travelling for business. The airline has over 300 aircraft on nearly 1000 routes to more than 150 airports across 35 countries. Over 300 million Europeans live within one hour's drive of an easyJet airport.
easyJet aims to be a good corporate citizen, employing people on local contracts in eight countries across Europe in full compliance with national laws and recognising their trade unions. The airline supports several local charities and has a corporate partnership with UNICEF which has raised over £14m for the most vulnerable children since it was established in 2012.
The airline takes sustainability seriously and is committed to reaching net-zero carbon emissions flying by 2050. Together with its partners, including Airbus, Rolls-Royce, Cranfield Aerospace Solutions and Wright Electric, easyJet is working to accelerate the development of zero-emission aircraft technology. In the meantime, the airline is offsetting the carbon emissions from the fuel used for all its flights, at no additional cost to its customers, and only supports projects that are certified by Gold Standard or the Verified Carbon Standard, internationally recognised certification schemes. In addition, easyJet continues to renew its fleet, operate efficiently, and aims to fill most of its seats. Since 2000, over a 20-year period, the airline reduced its carbon emissions per passenger, per kilometre by over one-third, and aims to bring this down further.
Innovation is in easyJet's DNA - since launching over 25 years ago, easyJet changed the way people fly to the present day where the airline leads the industry in digital, web, engineering and operational innovations to make travel more easy and affordable for its passengers.
The airline was named as Britain's Most Admired Company of 2020 in the transport sector, retaining the leading position for a second year running. Britain's Most Admired Companies study is the longest-running annual survey of corporate reputation in the UK.
The Senior Business Analyst is the problem solver of the organisation and the key interface with our business. They are responsible for capturing business requirements within agreed timeframes, cost and quality parameters in collaboration with internal and third-party teams. The role coaches and supports the Business Analysts within the team, performs knowledge transfer, resolves blockers etc. The role works closely with various Business stakeholders, Technical Architects, Developers, Testers and Product teams to define new solutions and processes, and to deliver new products and services to meet the needs of projects and programmes within the prioritised portfolio.
- Accountable for preparing, evaluating and documenting business requirements within an Agile (Scrum/Kanban) delivery framework
- Accountable for defining Business Analysis processes, ways of working, and standards and making sure these are adopted by the BA team
- Works within their team and collaborates with delivery and change teams to review and prioritise new work requests through the appropriate governance, evaluating changes to processes and systems, setting business expectations from the start
- Works with stakeholders to define, challenge and document clear requirements using the appropriate techniques for elicitation, analysis of current systems, prioritisation etc. to ultimately gain acceptance from all stakeholders
- Driving the analysis phase of the projects and delivering the business requirements to timescales agreed with the Project and Technology Managers
- Works with business areas and technical teams to define appropriate and compliant solutions and processes in order to meet business requirements and scope where required
- Accountable to regularly analyse the functionality and performance of legacy applications and products in collaboration with business owners, product owners and technical teams raising new backlog items or supporting business case development where appropriate
- Ensures that the full impact of business change considers dependant processes and systems by carrying out structured analysis while making appropriate representations using various tools such as process models, data models, integration use cases etc
- Examine the 'As Is' and 'To Be' states of products and applications to perform gap analysis
- Accountable to ensure all backlog items
- Full time
Posted 7 Jun 2022
Closes 7 Jul 2022
This job was posted to: Airline IT