Special Process Owner - NDT Inspection
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Springdale, Arkansas, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
Non-Destructive Testing (NDT is a pivotal process in the repair of complex hardware at the ACSC Services Shop. We deliver repaired hardware to both internal and external customers around the world on all major commercial engine programs. Looking for a Special Process Owner (SPO) to help drive process excellence at ACSC.
Seeking someone who can support daily operational demands, trouble shoot
issues with an experienced team, industrialize NPI hardware and repairs, manage P&E for current & future equipment across 2 shops and set vision to enable us to become a world class repair shop. The successful candidate will be the Special Process Owner for FPI, X-ray, UT, and ECI.
- Ability to develop and approve standard work processes and tech plans for improved quality.
- Assist in development and enhancement of inspections, fixturing, equipment and programming as needed.
- Perform process improvement initiatives in productivity and quality as required to improve FTY.
- Requires ability to understand complex and highly technical concepts in order to support rotating LLP hardware processing.
- Responsible for key Business Metrics: Compliance, Safety, Quality, Turn Around Time (TAT), Yield and On Time Delivery
- Ensure all equipment, personnel, training documentation and certifications are maintained in a condition compliant to operations and quality standards.
- Work with the Manufacturing Engineering team to industrialize NPI hardware and repairs (massive NPI pipeline)
- Building robustness & resiliency into the department to manage variable hardware input volume and product mix
- Creating a LEAN strategy and for cultivating a culture of continuous improvement within the teams.
- Connects dots across technologies to develop cross-technology solutions with partnership with other functions both inside and outside of the site
- Lead cross-functional projects / teams to deliver technology solutions for the business. Includes working across the repair network with other sites.
- Ability to present to senior GE leaders (EB, SEB+) as well as external customers (Airlines, MRO's, etc.) in specific technical space and on cross functional teams on how technologies interconnect and contribute to overall strategy
- Management of P&E spend to modernize current equipment across 2 plants
- Strategic development of future P&E vision for growth of both operational capacity and technology. Looking across industry for latest trends and technology to adopt.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university with a minimum of 3 years in manufacturing.
- Proficient in the use and maintenance of current NDT equipment in NDT lab including the ability to troubleshoot process problems including basic equipment troubleshooting and ability to perform basic preventative maintenance.
- Experience in establishing process parameters that may include CNC programming of equipment.
- Experience in setting up equipment, fixtures and parts for inspection including sound material and chemical handling practices and calibrating equipment to known standards.
- Demonstrate leadership and teaming skills in dealing with peers and outside support groups. This includes the ability to work with minimal supervision and the ability to provide technical work direction and to train others.
- Capable of identifying and obtaining materials needed for performance of work in assigned area and be able to interface with material and equipment suppliers as needed.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provid
- Full time
Posted 2 Jun 2022
Closes 1 Jul 2022
This job was posted to: Testing