Senior Engineer (Product Safety & Regulatory) (m/f/d)
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Lichtenfels, Bayern, Germany
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support product development by acting as a technical lead and Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Machine Safety Risk Assessment, Functional Safety for Machinery, and Machine Safeguarding according to international and local industry consensus standards.
- Develop work processes and specifications related to machinery safety such as Design/Engineering of Machinery Safeguards and Functional Safety Systems, Maintenance and Inspection programs, Testing and Auditing (including design verification and validation), Machinery and Safety Documentation, Standards Compliance, Machinery Safety Lifecycle for Project Execution
- Leading teams and training as an authority on technical matters relating to machinery safety.
- Work with remote team members from a diverse array of disciplines to utilizing a strong attention to detail to complete project work without direct, day-to-day supervision
- Organize, lead, and perform regular safety risk assessments in interdisciplinary teams (Ensure consistency between product lines)
- Coach and mentor engineering teams
- Develop and document safety concepts
- Track implementations during development process
- Attend change management meetings and deduce actions
- Support and monitor event investigations
- Lead regular report outs with the leadership team
- Advise on legal and normative requirements
- Research (and stay current) of relevant standards, regulations, and directives
- Participate in industrial working and policy groups
- May lead a small team of Safety Engineers
- Significant experience in the Product Safety, Machine Safety and Machine Risk Assessment
- Several years working experience in Engineering/Technology
- Master's degree in engineering, manufacturing or similar
- Fluent German and English language skills
- Experiences with additive manufacturing equipment
- External Credentials/Certifications: TÜV Rheinland "Functional Safety Engineer" for Machinery certification or equivalent (such as be TÜV NORD Certified Machine Safety Expert - CMSE or others)
- Experience in evaluation, design, and implementation of Safety per ISO Performance Levels (PL) and Category architectures (including calculating PL using tools such as SISTEMA).
- Experience leading and participating in Machine Safety Risk Assessments with multi-disciplinary teams where participants have limited knowledge in machine safety.
- Experience applying Industry Standards and regulations relevant to Machinery Safety & Functional Safety for Machinery
- Extensive knowledge in the following Industry Standards relevant to Machinery Safety & Functional Safety for Machinery: ANSI B11 series (B11.0, B11.19, B11.20), ANSI B20.1, NFPA 79, ANSI/RIA R15.06, IEC 61000, IEC 60204-1, ISO 12100, IEC 62061, IEC 61508, IEC 62368, ISO 13850, ISO 13855, ISO 13857, ISO 14118, ISO 14119, ISO 14120, and ISO 10218-1/-2 , Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC, EMC Directive 2014/30/EU, Low Voltage Directive 2014/35/EU
- Thorough understanding of machine safety regulations globally including North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, etc.
- Knowledge in Docufy Machine Safety is beneficial
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
- Team player
- Interpersonal and leadership skills
At GE Additive, we continue to work every day to bring the transformative power of advanced manufacturing to businesses around the globe. Through our own extensive experience incorporating additive technologies into our production process, we recognize the value and possibilities it brings to modern design and manufacturing challenges.
Are you interested in learning more? Then please apply online. For any question upfront please reach out to our recr
- Full time
Posted 1 Jun 2022
Closes 30 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Product support