EBC Materials and Processes Staff Engineer
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for CMC and EBC materials and processes technology maturation programs for use in CMC/EBC Aviation products
- Responsible for setting and executing on strategic CMC and EBC roadmaps that support component durability, performance, and cost out
- Responsible for planning and managing engineering budget and resources to execute on CMC and EBC projects
- Partner with Design and Supply Chain to lead CMC and EBC technology maturation programs, support root cause investigations, and other process or material development to support current fielded products like LEAP and GE9X
- Develop next generation CMC and EBC materials and processes to support future commercial and/or military components
- Support CMC and EBC production issues as needed
- Support data analytics and modeling of manufacturing processes
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, or Computer Science
- At least 5 additional years of experience in a program or project leadership role within an engineering environment
- Technical experience with ceramic processing
- Effective team building and project management ability
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Knowledge of EBC materials and processing
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 1 Jun 2022
Closes 30 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Planning engineer