Technician 2 - Test Team
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Bohemia, Louisiana, United States
Roles and Responsibilities:
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Tests and troubleshoots electronic products using standard and specialized test equipment.
- Troubleshoots electronic products to component level & sub-assembly level utilizing schematics and standard troubleshooting practices and procedures.
- Ability to interpret drawings and specifications
- Sets up test equipment and tests electronic products using established test procedures and schematics
- Uses product test and measurement equipment, Digital/Analog Voltmeters, oscilloscopes, Hi-Pot meters, power supplies, and Automatic and Standard Test equipment, etc
- Cross - trains, mentors and provides technical assistance to other technicians including new Technician 2's
- Provides technical guidance to Assemblers
- Performs cross functional tasks within fairly similar situations resulting in standardized but not identical outcomes
- Recommends and/or proposes process improvements
- Ensures that all relevant quality information/feedback is provided
- Utilizes written or visual instructions involving use of quantitative information from specifications, schematics, graphs, pictures, gages, etc.
- Provides written and/or oral communications concerning a variety of situations following test, troubleshooting, examinations
- Keeps workstation, tools and equipment in a neat and orderly manner
- Understands and complies with all Company, safety rules and regulations
- Engages and participates in a self - directed teaming environment
- 2-year degree in Electronics or related field OR Certified Electronics Program (18 mos.) OR 4 year degree in Electronics Engineering Technology (EET) or related field. Preliminary Review (PR) Certification must be obtained within probationary period
- Experience: 2-ear degree plus 1 -3 years of manufacturing experience; OR Certified Electronics Program (18 months) plus 1-3 years of manufacturing experience; OR 4-year degree (electronics or related) with no experience
Skill Level Required:
- Skills required in maintaining close specifications using tools & gages, schematics and a variety of electronic equipment
- Basic computer skills; Knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Should possess dexterity skills, good hand & eye coordination
- Ability to troubleshoot to component level
- Must maintain PR Certification
- Past experience in a manufacturing environment
- Past experience in a self-directed teaming environment
- Lean manufacturing knowledge
- Understanding of IPC-A-610 standards
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 1 Jun 2022
Closes 30 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Aircraft mechanic