Procurement Leader - Dowty Propellers
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
The role will be leading an enthusiastic team of buyers and commodity managers in their quest to deliver sustainable supply chains, offering best product, best supplier performance and best value to our customers and shareholders. They will always act with a passion for what we do and ensuring we do it in a safe and compliant way. Collaborating, communicating and integrating with suppliers and internal stakeholders will be key, as is a track record of leading and building teams in a growth environment.
Job Description Roles and Responsibilities
- To hold their team accountable for procurement performance through KPI's and regular supplier performance reviews. Implement standard work and operating rhythms in order to ensure that the business performance and service to our customers is optimum. To build and develop their team in support of such goals and provide a career pathway for future procurement professionals and leaders. To demonstrate great leadership in all that they do and say to inspire their teams to achieve better.
- Define supplier strategy including management and optimization of supplier panels. Lead negotiations and allocate needs to specific suppliers. Negotiate terms and conditions and transmit information to Procurement. Manage claims. Includes commercial sourcing management such as data analysis, negotiations support, etc. This may also include purchasing activities.
- Developing in-depth knowledge of a discipline. Uses prior experience and acquired expertise to execute functional policy/strategy.
- Impacts projects, processes and procedures in own field. The role operates with some autonomy, but is focused on execution of activities/provision of advice within an enabling discipline covered by standard functional practices and procedures. Activities require professional judgment, but may require more senior levels of guidance.
- Utilizes functional expertise and judgement to solve problems. May use multiple internal sources outside of own team to arrive at decisions.
- Open to modern and progressive supply chain strategies
- Preferably educated to a degree level in a related subject or with significant and relevant experience in a similar role.
- The individual will be encouraged to develop their functional knowledge and personal growth through CIPS or a Master's Degree Programme once they have demonstrated their performance in role.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in developing a high performing and motivated team.
- An advocate for the organisation and what it stands for.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
- Established project management skills.
- Experienced of sourcing governance and compliance in government procurement.
GE supports and encourages flexible working arrangements, where possible, and recognises the benefits to employees of having a positive work-life balance.
At GE Aviation we understand the importance of Total Reward. Our flexible benefits plan, called FlexChoice, gives you freedom, choice and flexibility in the way you receive your benefits, as well as giving you the opportunity to make savings where possible.
As a new joiner to GE we are pleased to be able to offer you the following as default in your benefit fund, which you then can tailor to meet your individual needs;
- Non-contributory Pension
- Life Assurance
- Group income protection
- Private medical cover
- Holiday Hourly equivalent of 26 days, with flexible option to buy or sell
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance: BPSS
Right to Work
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, under the applicable UK immigration rules as may be in place from time to time, it may be that candidates who do not currently have the right to work in the UK may n
- Full time
Posted 1 Jun 2022
Closes 30 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Airline buyer