Advanced Lead PLC Control Software Engineer
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Westchester, California, United States
Responsible for departmental operations planning/execution or is focused on execution of professional activities within a technical discipline. Functions with some autonomy but guided by established policies or review of end results.
The job allows modification of procedures and practices covering work as long as the end results meet standards of acceptability (quality, volume, timeliness etc.).
Roles and Responsibilities
As an Advanced Lead Control Software Engineer, you will
- Develop and maintain project plans of design activities including scope, schedule, and budget.
- Ensure on-time delivery of control software that meets technical requirements.
- Review design work with appropriate subject matter experts.
- Proactively identify and help others recognize lessons learned.
- Participate and reinforce sound agile development practices (backlog refinement, sprint planning, sprint reviews).
- Lead control software design including controller gain tuning, software architecture design, stability analysis, sensing and control stacks, etc.
- Lead hardware in the loop software testing and validation to ensure design meets design intent and software requirements.
- Develop and maintain machine simulation and CI/CD pipelines to enable rapid development, test, and deployment.
- Collaborate closely with engineering architecture, software requirements and quality teams to plan, package, and deliver software for our customers and users.
- Collaborate with quality assurance on verification and validation plans to ensure control software design is fully validated.
- Collaborate with product management, systems engineering, and requirements engineering to develop and decompose un-ambiguous software requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited college or university
- Four years of experience with software, electrical, and controls design and validation in a product development environment.
- Strong written technical communication and documentation skills
- Experience in the field of additive manufacturing.
- Experience decomposing requirements from higher level systems/product requirements, implementing designs to meet requirements, and verifying design against requirements.
- Experience with electric motors and drives, feedback control systems, and signal processing.
- Experience programming programmable logic controllers (PLCs) with a preference on the B&R plc platform.
- Experience with modern agile software development tools (Github, Jenkins, Artifactory, Jira).
- Experienced in motion control and knowledge of high precision motion control systems.
- Experienced controlling 3 phase motors using VFDs.
- Experienced controlling DC motors using PWM control.
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years' experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status
- Full time
Posted 1 Jun 2022
Closes 30 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Air traffic control