Sr Finance Manager - Risk & Controls Leader
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Cincinnati, Indiana, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for ensuring general accounting controls and policy application & process administration mitigate financial statement risk for all cycles including inventory, revenue recognition, receivables/payables, intercompany, etc.. Understand and interpret applicable Enterprise Standards, SOP and Process Maps to mitigate financial risk and financial statement internal controls compliance.
- Developing expertise within function. Growing reputation within the organization. Includes roles that are experts in their discipline, providing professional or thought leadership. Influences policy and ensures delivery within own function, linking with other functions of the organization.
- Leads functional team and projects with moderate resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity. Presents business solutions to leaders in functional area. Communicates complex messages and negotiates mainly internally with others to adopt a different point of view. Influences peers to take action and may negotiate with external partners, vendors, or customers.
- Influences Aviation's financial internal controls and compliance and has ownership/influence over team budget. The role is guided by functional policy. The role influences policy/operating guidelines about important subjects.
- Leads others to find creative solutions to address complex problems that may impact the organization. Has the ability to evaluate quality of information received and questions conflicting data for analysis. Uses multiple internal and external resources outside of own function to help arrive at a decision.
- Leads primary interaction on Internal Controls over Financial Reporting with GE Company's external auditor.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Certified Public Accountant
- At least 7 additional years of experience in a financial position
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems. Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs. Established project management skills.
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years' experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE requires U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless you receive an approved medical or religious accommodation. Proof of vaccination will be required.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 1 Jun 2022
Closes 30 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Airline finance