Lead Electrical Design Engineer
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
Come guide digital circuit design, integration, verification and documentation of leading-edge aerospace processor and/or FPGA assemblies! Envision yourself working within defined parameters to make decisions, apply concepts to issues of moderate complexity, and problem solve.
- Support avionics architectural trade studies and proposals.
- Complete digital design, schematic capture, components placement, layout constrains, PWB stackup, layout review/approvals.
- Conduct board bringing up, integration, and requirements based verification activities.
- Participate in Design for Manufacturing (DMF), Maintainability, and Testability concepts reviews and incorporate results into designs.
- Conduct design reviews to present design artifacts and discuss critical design decisions to technical leadership and external customers.
- Provide mentorship to junior design engineers.
- Leading and coordinating multi-disciplinary engineering design teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering from an accredited university.
- Minimum of 6 years' of professional experience in circuit card design.
- Knowledge of board level design process from requirements development, schematic capture, implementation, integration, and verification.
- Ability to break down complex problems and apply critical thinking.
- Strong professional technical writing and technical communication proficiency.
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering with 10+ years of professional experience in digital design.
- Experience with Gigahertz microprocessors, FPGA, CPLD, DDR3 or DDR4 memory, flash memory, Gigabit Ethernet, and PCIe.
- Experience with large pin count devices, 1000+ pins with 0.8mm device pitch or smaller.
- Experience in High Density Interconnect (HDI) technologies (micro vias, buried / blind vias, back drilling) for IPC Class 3 board.
- Experience in design of 5+ Gbps serial links. (10GBASE-KR, PCIe Gen3, Fiber Optics).
- Experience in board conducting simulations including Power Integrity (PI) and Signal Integrity (SI).
- Experience in mixed signal board design. AtoD's, DtoA's, Signal Conditioning, Filtering.
- Experience crafting with CAN, MIL-STD-1553, ARINC 429, ARINC 664.
- Experience with OpenVPX and PIC-SIG standards.
- Experience in the Mil/Aero/avionics.
- Familiarity with the Mentor Graphics Expedition Enterprise and HyperLynx Power Integrity / Signal Integrity tools.
- Familiarity with OrCAD PSPICE or LT Spice, Mathcad, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Visio.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance that begins on the first day of employment
- Permissive time off policy for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Bonus Plan Eligible
- And more!
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening. GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this.
- This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years' experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
At GE Aviation Systems, we invent the future of flight, lift people up and bring them home safely. As key players in the aerospace industry, you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us looking ahead. We've got an amazing team of exceptional people helping to solve increasingly complex challenges. Our Aviation Systems Engineering teams are comprised of diverse and experienced engineers who care about ensuring full-lifecycle readiness as it relates to safety, certification, and quality standards. Our teams are passionate about the
- Full time
Posted 1 Jun 2022
Closes 30 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Electrical engineer