Helicopter Rotating Parts Design Engineer
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
In this spirit, we are looking for a talented and experienced engineer, expected to perform design activities related to gearbox rotating parts design (gears, shafts\otormasts, and bearings).
The Helos Rotating Parts Design Engineer utilizes expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to affect short-term and some long-term business goals.
The position is within the Engineering Section dealing with the New Product Introduction process from concept design to product detailed definition, certification and initial production support for Helicopter's and VTOL NPI programs.
Job Description Essential Responsibilities
Provide and strengthen technical knowledge on aeronautical gearbox rotating parts, focusing on gears, shafts\otormasts and bearings as a sub-assembly
- Design sub-system and components identifying alternatives, agreeing upon design CTQs, scoring and down-selecting optimal solution to achieve product performance/cost/weight.
- Capture system requirements, flow-down to components definition identifying relevant validation needs
- Proactively support activities with other departments and suppliers (concurrence design)
- Issue the technical documents relative to the components design according to engineering policies and procedures (presentations as well as analysis reports)
- Contribute to and participate as a presenter in technical and program reviews
- Support source technological substantiation and non-conformances assessments (MRB)
- Support activities related to development findings, components performance and investigations (test requests, test data postprocess, laboratories investigation)
- Support cost-out activities, identifying opportunities and leading and contributing on design tasks for implementation (e.g. concurrence, analyses, DEC).
- Proficiently use of design tools: CAD as Unigraphics NX, and CAE as Nastran, Ansys, LTCA and in-house S/Ws
Master Degree in Mechanical/Aeronautical Engineering from an accredited university or demonstrated experience in Mechanical Design of complex aeronautical gearbox components
- Knowledge of aeronautical power gearbox technical requirements, design solutions, technologies
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes for rotating components (gears, shafts, bearings, ...)
- Experience with CAD tools (e.g. Unigraphics NX) and CAE tools (e.g. Nastran, Ansys)
- Proficiently use of gear stress analysis (LTCA) specific tools
- Clear thinking, diligent approach, target oriented; curiosity and passion for mechanical design
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills. Team working and inclusiveness proven capabilities.
- English language knowledge written and oral
- EU work permit
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 14 May 2022
Closes 12 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Design engineer