Engineer - Commercial Electrical Systems
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
The Electrical System Engineer plays a critical role in executing business priorities, engaging globally and with industrial and academic partners to develop advanced/emerging technologies and to support significant upgrades of fielded product lines. Amongst emerging technology projects are the CFM/GE Aviation RISE (Revolutionary Innovation for Sustainable Engines) program and the development of GE Aviation's hybrid electric capability which includes development of the HEAT (Hybrid Electric Altitude Testbed) as part of the NASA EPFD (Electrified Powertrain Flight Demonstration). The maturation of these technologies is key to the realization of sustainability goals of the aviation industry in the first half of the 21st century.
The Electrical System Engineer role is responsible for developing, integrating, validating and certifying the electrical systems and components for Commercial applications. These electrical systems and components include the full authority digital engine control (FADEC) that controls the engine and engine systems, ignition systems, communication systems, electric power systems, complex sensing systems and hybrid electric power management systems.
If you are up for the challenge of developing and integrating complex electrical systems in demanding environments that operate complex propulsion systems which transport the people of today while evolving a sustainable future you should check out the positions our team has to offer.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Execute on component, subsystem, development projects to implement upgrades and improvements on fielded products with support/guidance from more senior engineering resources
- Contribute to the development of technology for next generation engine product lines focused on sustainable and renewable energy
- Follow business practices, policies and standards to meet product, program and authorizing agencies certification requirements
- Coordinate and integrate with external suppliers as well as joint venture and vertical partners to meet product line and business objectives
- Define and negotiate the physical, functional, and environmental requirements for electrical systems components
- Navigate schedule, cost, weight, and other program challenges while defining feasible technical solutions
- Participate on diverse cross-functional teams to develop solutions for complex technical challenges
- Prepare and present technical information to internal and external customers
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited university or college
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or closely related science
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems while executing a project objective
- Experience or strong interest in Electromagnetic Interference/Lightning
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 14 May 2022
Closes 12 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Product support