Software Engineer- Hybrid
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
You will be responsible for programing a feature and or a small feature set. You will contribute to the team and work with direction from the Senior Team Members or management but works independently.
In this role you will:
- Have awareness of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques.
- Ability to write code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project.
- Understand performance parameters and can assess application performance.
- Understand core data structures and algorithms and has the ability to implement them using language of choice.
- Be an expert in core data structures as well as algorithms and has the ability to implement them using language of choice
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics)
- Hands-on experience in software development
- Good understanding of OOP principles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Excellent communication & teamwork skills
- Experience in Fortran and/or Python
- Experience in TDD
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Humble: respectful, receptive, agile, eager to learn
- Transparent: shares critical information, speaks with candor, contributes constructively
- Focused: quick learner, strategically prioritizes work, committed
- Leadership ability: strong communicator, decision-maker, collaborative
- Problem solver: analytical-minded, challenges existing processes, critical thinker
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 14 May 2022
Closes 12 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Software engineer