Lead Specialist - NDE Xray/CT
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
- Ability to work with design, materials and manufacturing engineers to establish inspection requirements
- Define, develop and implement X-ray/CT inspection methods for aviation development and production hardware including hands-on operation of X-ray/CT systems.
- Understand and comply with aviation quality standards for production hardware
- Lead and participate in the technical reviews of proposed inspection methods
- Formulate and implement plans to achieve technical and program requirements, schedules and contract commitments, develop action plans to anticipate and respond to problems
- Demonstrated ability to monitor and communicate project status and associated risks
- Assure proper documentation of technical data or programs generated for the assigned projects in a consistent manner with engineering policies and procedures
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in Engineering/Technology & Inspection Testing)
- 3 years of experience in Engineering/Technology & Inspection Testing
- Willingness and Interest to become a CT L3/CA
- Documented hours/training to become NAS410 CT L2, or Aviation equivalent
- Knowledge of the theory and application of digital radiography or CT for NDE applications
- Ability to work with global, distributed teams to achieve results
- Demonstrated ability to lead NDE development efforts
- Humble: respectful, receptive, agile, eager to learn
- Transparent: shares critical information, speaks with candor, contributes constructively
- Focused: quick learner, strategically prioritizes work, committed
- Leadership ability: strong communicator, decision-maker, collaborative
- Problem solver: analytical-minded, challenges existing processes, critical thinker
- MS degree in Materials, Electrical or Aerospace Engineering
- Relevant experience in an engineering position with relevant X-ray/CT experience.
- Familiarity with Digital X-ray/CT Inspection standards and certifications
- Experience with X-ray/CT equipment, operation, calibration and trouble-shooting.
- Experience with developing and/or working on inspection technique development and solutions.
- Functional knowledge of VGStudio or Avizo CT data analysis software
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance that begins on the first day of employment
- Permissive time off policy for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Bonus Plan Eligible
- And more!
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
- Full time
Posted 13 May 2022
Closes 11 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Project manager
Recommended, similar jobs
Greater London, England