Huntsville IE Maintenance C
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
- Lead by example in all GE initiatives including EHS, HR, Lean, Quality, and CMMS utilization.
- Responsible for the completion of inspections, maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs on instrumentation and control systems, including process instruments, analyzers, and control valves, in a 24-hour PSM facility.
- Perform commissioning and startup activities including, instrument loop inspection, loop check, configuration, calibration, and testing. Mechanical installation, functional checking, stock testing of final control elements.
- Safety-driven mentality with dedication to process safety systems integrity and availability.
- Analytical equipment expertise, troubleshooting, calibration, documentation for both monitoring and supervisory systems (mass-spec, CEMS, O2, NOx, infrared, conductivity, and GC).
- Practical knowledge of Electrical Systems, including Motor Starters, MCCs, VFD, and 480-volt three phase systems.
- Support and maintenance of DCS, SIS, and PLCs based systems.
- Execute preventative maintenance, testing and calibrations as required by the Quality and Process Critical Instrumentation programs or other established procedures
- Correctly and accurately complete required paperwork, correctly documenting all maintenance actions, parts, and time.
- 10+ Years of hands-on maintenance experience as an I&E maintenance technician in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability and willingness to work a shift schedule and respond to off-hours calls.
- Must qualify for and utilize specialized personal protective equipment as required for the position including arc flash, respirator, fall protection etc.
- Have good mobility, with the ability to climb stairs and ladders and occasionally required work at heights.
- As required ability to lift weight up to 50lbs.
- This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
Added Eligibility Requirement:
- GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- Associate degree or Certificate from a two-year college in instrumentation technology or a related course of study.
- Ability to read and interpret P&ID's, equipment manuals, electrical schematics, instrument loop diagrams and other specifications to determine the repair method on failed components.
- Dedication to documentation updates and creation of plant specific maintenance task including calibration, maintenance and troubleshooting procedures.
- Familiar with HART communication protocols, IEC standards, ISA standards, Process Safety Management, NFPA 70e, NFPA 79 and ISA84
- Ability to prioritize daily workload and maintenance requirements based on safety, equipment critically, quality and production schedule requirements.
- Team focused, willingly assists other crafts and operations department as required to ensure equipment is ready to meet productions schedules. Takes initiative to meet target schedules, actively and continuously working to improve processes and procedures.
- History of working effectively with co-workers, leaders, and other employees.
- Demonstrated PC proficiency.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other
- Full time
Posted 13 May 2022
Closes 11 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Maintenance manager