Senior Technical Leader - Emerging Technologies
- GE Aviation - 498 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
The Edison Works (EW) Emerging Technologies Team focuses on early-stage pursuits and new technology introduction (NTI) in the areas of sensing, autonomy, artificial intelligence (AI)/machine learning (ML), cybersecurity, and advanced edge hardware. This role requires collaborating within a highly diverse technical team and directly interfacing with the business facing team and product managers to develop a technology strategy aligned with emerging market opportunities.
The Sensors and Signal Processing Technical Leader is expected to provide technical prowess, strategic collaboration, and visionary leadership to the technical team. Working closely with peers in the Emerging Technologies Team as well as product managers and key stakeholders across the EW and Avionics organization, this individual will facilitate in bringing the strategic vision to reality and provide technical expertise in signal processing, sensing technologies, and signal intelligence.
More specifically, the individual will:
- Provide expertise in RF signal processing, particularly in the areas of radar and communications with a deep understanding of the associated electromagnetic (EM) physics and propagation dynamics.
- Provide expertise in sensor technologies, signal acquisition, and evaluate emerging sensing capabilities towards their applicability for Sponsor missions.
- Lead research and development efforts and trade studies for sensing systems and embedded signal processing solutions designed to transition to operational platforms.
- Prototype, simulate, and test signal processing algorithms and models utilizing various languages (e.g., Python, MATLAB, C/C++).
- Implement signal processing algorithms in software and hardware for deployment in high-throughput edge devices (e.g., FPGA, CPU, GPU, SDR).
- Develop novel signal processing algorithms and advance the state-of-the-art (SOA) in the areas of signal detection, classification, direction finding, and location.
- Support early-stage pursuit and capture strategies including customer engagement, defining/shaping requirements, proposal writing, and writing white papers.
- Collaborate directly with diverse technical teams, business teams, and product managers to co-develop a strategy that facilitates the transition of new technology into the Avionics product portfolio.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts (SMEs) and engineers to provide complete and holistic solutions to unique and dynamic customer requirements.
- Introduce and network with members of the customer community with GE's strategic leaders and sales representatives.
- Maintain a mindset of continuous learning, and be open to changing technical approaches as state-of-the-art (SOA) technologies evolve.
- Develop transition plans such that new technologies developed have a clear path towards successfully fulfilling mission requirements and a continued plan for maturity and productization.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or related field from an accredited university or college.
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience in sensors, data acquisition, and signal processing.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and technical writing skills tailored to broad variety of audiences.
- The ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance.
- Master's degree or Ph.D. in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or related field from an accredited university or college.
- Active U.S. Security Clearance.
- Experience with array processing, beamforming, integration gain, and adaptive signal processing techniques.
- Experience with active/passive and synthetic aperture radar (SAR) processing.
- Experience prototyping, analyzing, and implementing waveforms on software-defined radios and deep understanding of physical layer communications.
- Experience analyzing, developing, and optimizing cognitive waveforms.
- Knowledge of electronic warfare and experience modeling electronic threats and applying mitigation measures.
- Experience modeling sensor systems and signal propagation including link budgets, multipath, and phase noise.
- Experience designing and constraining signal processing algorithms for heterogeneous edge compute platforms.
- Experience with sparse array processing and compressed sensing
- Proven track record of transitioning applied research to fieldable platforms.
- Knowledge of SIGINT and MASINT.
- Experience performing data fusion with signals from multiple phenomenologies.
- Experience applying the latest advancements in AI/ML on compl
- Full time
Posted 13 May 2022
Closes 11 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Project manager