Materials Source Execution Leader
- GE Aviation - 498 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
This role is open to remote work consideration in Kentucky, Indiana and Ohio. There will be travel to headquarters in Cincinnati at least one a month.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Designing consumption-based replenishment plans utilizing pull methodology to support rates of demand at a given lead time. Ensure operational alignment with production plan and KPIs using a Pull methodology and level loading schedule inputs to enable process improvements, a quality schedule, delivery to our customers, and balanced inventory levels.
- Quickly develop and launch level loading and pull deployment with the ability to iterate for improvement from learnings and scaling into future state design. Uses prior experience and acquired technical expertise to execute policy/strategy and creating those standard works.
- Daily manage the breakthroughs, keeping tasks on track, and driving proactive countermeasures to sustain scalability utilizing the PFEP (Plan for Every Part) Tool that our Supply Chain Lean Leaders are developing.
- Engage with cross functional team to develop the roadmap and playbook for defining the pull demand planning profile and level loading for GE Engine Lines and Services with the ability to scale across different commodity value streams and internal component shops.
- Collaborate with adjacent functions to develop the strategy for an organizational structure that supports Pull and schedule level loading from wing to wing (demand to fulfillment).
- Uses some level of judgment and has ability to propose different solutions outside of set parameters but with guidance. Uses prior experience and on-the-job training to solve complex issues when they arise.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or institution (OR a High school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years experience in materials, planning, fulfillment or other related supply chain functions)
- A minimum of 3 years in materials, planning, fulfillment or other related supply chain functions
Desired Characteristics •
- Materials and Sourcing experience and demonstrated capability in reducing inventory and improving OTD.
- Highly collaborative person, comfortable with conflict and debate normally associated with change.
- Proven ability to work horizontally across GE and build/maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Humble: respectful, receptive, agile, eager to learn
- Transparent: shares critical information, speaks with candor, contributes constructively
- Focused: quick learner, strategically prioritizes work, committed
- Leadership ability: strong communicator, decision-maker, collaborative
- Problem solver: analytical-minded, challenges existing processes, critical thinker
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 13 May 2022
Closes 11 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Planning engineer