Engineering Technician - 1st Shift
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Hooksett, New Hampshire, United States
Starting pay is $33.42/hour.
Job Description Essential Responsibilities
In the role of Engineering Technician, you will:
- Develop & improve sector assembly processes
- Disseminate blueprints, sketches, engineering drawings, and verbal instructions to produce hardware
- Execute in-process dimensional checks, including CMM inspection set-up and operation
- Lead initiatives for the creation and execute planning for a wide variety of production and development processes
- Facilitate and coordinate the collaboration, direction, and support of manufacturing employees' site-wide
- Manage & coordinate the troubleshooting of process issues
- High school diploma/GED with a minimum of 3 years of applied programming experience; Or
- Associate degree or Technical Certificate in a technical field from an accredited college with a minimum of 2 years of applied programming experience; Or
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field from an accredited university or college with a minimum of 1 year of applied programming experience
- CNC Programming and Computed Aided Design (CAD) skills desired
- Previous Experience with CMM Inspection and/or other digital equipment operations
- Working knowledge of computer applications (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and/or web-based programs)
- Demonstrated proficiency in the set-up and operation of a multitude of measuring tools, computer inspection workstations, and precision machine tools & gages (i.e., various lathes, grinding, milling, etc.)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-speed environment, follow standardized work and adhere to safe work practices on a continuous improvement team
- Highly motivated, passionate, and with exceptional communications skills
- Strong organizational, planning, and analytical skills
As a federal government contractor, GE requires U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless you receive an approved medical or religious accommodation. Proof of vaccination will be required.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 13 May 2022
Closes 11 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Aircraft mechanic