Lead Systems Design and Integration Engineer
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, England
As a Lead Systems Design & Integration Engineer in our Systems and Software team, you will be contributing to the development and integration for a large-scale, complex, aircraft power control system. You will be passionate about the ''big system picture'' and enjoy working across different engineering disciplines, bringing together mechanical, hardware and software teams, as well as considering safety, reliability and production aspects of the product.
Job Description Roles and Responsibilities
You will have proven experience of leveraging your experience of the systems engineering lifecycle to enable engineering teams to deliver all aspects of the system development and verification to our customers. We have opportunities across multiple military, civil and advanced technology projects at various points in the lifecycle to suit your experience and/or career aspirations. We are committed to continuous learning and growth and so you will have plenty of opportunities to grow your career!
In the system design phase of the cycle, you will be executing and leading activities to ensure a seamless integrated design including designing the system architecture, creating high-quality requirements aligned to customer needs, performing detailed system development and design, and implementing changes to the functional and interface components in software, hardware and mechanical design. You will be responsible for leading the resolution of systems issues by collaborating with the engineering teams, stakeholders and the Customer. These issues could be at a sub-system level or at an aircraft-level.
In the verification phase you will apply your awareness of different verification strategies to ensure that the complete system is verified. Therefore, awareness of software and hardware verification strategies and methods would be advantageous. You will have a good understanding of script-based automated tests or manual test procedures and knowledge of test infrastructure so that you can contribute to the system verification strategy definition, execution and test troubleshooting if required.
Customer Focus :
You will effectively collaborate with the Customer and other engineering teams and stakeholders to ensure that all milestones and deliverables are met. You will have the ability to work with the Customer to capture and understand correct and complete requirements that describe the system and communicate these effectively to the engineering team.
Coaching and Teaching :
You will be committed to inclusion and diversity and passionate about coaching and technically developing engineers to reach their potential.
Global Teams :
We partner across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design and support capabilities of our global teams. By joining our team, you'll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a strong integrated organisation!
Continuous Improvement :
You will be committed to continuous improvement and have awareness or proven experience of applying lean principles and tools to improve the team's impact.
Planning and Delivery :
Providing support to project leadership in planning activities to ensure that the technical scope is accurately captured. Lead the team to work to this agreed plan and hold them to account to the agreed priorities and milestones.
- Previous experience in an aviation, automotive or similar embedded systems development environment working to rigorous standards such as ARP4754A, will confirm your experience of working with complex system designs, for implementation in hardware and software.
- Your existing experience will allow you to contribute to the design, modification and verification of power distribution systems in collaboration with technical leads, teams and our customers.
- An appropriate degree or HND in Engineering, Mathematics, Applied Physics or similar subject, or equivalent experience, shows a logical mindset, alongside good problem solving and solution building skills.
- Previous experience in leading team-based projects and providing direction and coaching to less experienced staff.
- Committed to inclusions and Diversity.
- Strong organisation and communication skills.
- You will have a passion for engineering and sustainability with a keen interest
- Full time
- Boeing 777-200 / 300
Posted 13 May 2022
Closes 11 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Product support