Thermal Systems Lead Engineer (m/f)
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Garching an der Alz, Bayern, Germany
- Execute advanced heat exchanger aero-thermal design/analysis/evaluation of assigned projects that meet business standards and product/program requirements following best practices and standard lean 6-sigma approaches.
- Lead the development, analysis, and testing of advanced heat exchanger designs focused on thermal management and cycle improvement applications.
- Formulate and implement plans to achieve technical requirements, schedules, and contract commitments.
- Deliver data to associated disciplines, like engine performance and stress calculations.
- Interact with co-workers within GE thermal design community and external partners to establish best practices and technical achievements.
- Monitor and communicate project status, business issues and significant developments at all senior leadership levels, and present technical designs to Chief Engineers Office in dedicated Design Reviews, addressing the relevant actions.
- Lead or participate in organizational efforts in assigned projects and/or tasks.
- Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews.
- Lead national/European research projects supporting the development of advanced heat exchanger technologies for future applications.
- Become a core member of the Thermal Design System Design Board and contribute to the Technical Communities with the generated lessons learnt.
- Master's degree or Engineering degree on Aeronautics, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent knowledge and experience, PhD is preferred.
- At least 5 years industrial experience in thermal system designs, particularly on advanced heat exchanger technologies for Aviation or Gas Turbine Power Generation applications.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, with capabilities to work in international environments.
- Ability to guide and influence others.
- Knowledge of Export Control regulations.
- Six-Sigma Green Belt certified.
- Aviation tagger certified.
- Able to self-manage workload across several tasks.
- Self-directed and motivated.
- Effective problem identification and solution skills
- Flexible and adaptable mind-set
- Fluent English language skills
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 13 May 2022
Closes 11 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Product support