- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Springdale, Arkansas, United States
• Each Manufacturing Engineer (ME) owns specific parts from the Rotating Business' portfolio and is responsible for supporting production flow as parts fall out of the standard processes or deviate from the Engine Service Manual allowances; an ME will accomplish this by dispositioning the hardware back into processing via a rework loop or by a Departure Record (DR) that has been approved by Engineering and the Customer as an allowable deviation from the Engine Service Manual.
• Manufacturing Engineer's are additionally responsible for maintaining current / up-to-date Repair Source Substantiation (RSS) folders- as well as any repair work instructions to ensure compliance with Engine Service Manuals (ESM's) as they are updated; these updates also retain ACSC's ability to perform substantiated component repairs.
• In addition to the above core responsibilities, ME's also work to support Senior ME's in substantiating new parts and repairs through New Product Introduction (NPI) projects; this brings more parts and repair capabilities into ACSC. ME will be more focused towards hardware newer in the repair space, hardware going through more new repairs, and hardware with a higher degree of repair difficulty.
• Validate design specifications and shop floor application of new product, tools, or equipment.
• Works on complex technological solutions. Has authority in the network of experts and in project teams. Presents product / program strategies, technical roadmaps, risks and recommendations to senior leaders. Inputs and influences decisions within own discipline and area. Communicates recommendations and solutions across direct organization and with cross functional partner organizations. Involved in complex decision making sometimes with external parties.
• Bachelor's degree (Engineering preferred) from an accredited university and 3+ years of related experience (OR a minimum high school diploma / GED with at least 6 years of related experience).
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
• Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs
• Established project management skills
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 13 May 2022
Closes 11 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Planning engineer