On Wing Support Technician
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Florence, Alabama, United States
Module removal and installation, line maintenance, borescope inspections and blends are among the tasks commonly required.
- Perform maintenance on GE/CFM aircraft engines around the world to the highest quality standards.
- Partner with planning team and CVG inspectors to execute business-specific strategies-serve customers and win additional business.
- Understand and follow appropriate Aircraft Maintenance Manual, Engine Shop Manual procedures.
- Demonstrate required knowledge of OWS Quality Procedures, as well as FAA/EASA Part 145 requirements and procedures. Act in accordance with the site's Repair Station and Quality Control Manual and other applicable regulation/bounds.
- Perform supplementary shop and housekeeping duties as required
- Build customer relationships through good communication skills and understanding of customer perspectives.
- Take ownership for and follow through on full scope of work tasks and projects.
- High School Diploma / GED
- Minimum of 6 months of experience in repair of large commercial engines
- Federal Airframe and Power plant Mechanic (A&P) license
- Availability to work flexible shift patterns as required, including nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to travel on short notice and be deployed at remote, international locations for extended periods of time
- Approaches work with a "can-do" attitude and a sense of commitment to both the team and customer objectives
- Possess a desire to learn and grow with technology advancements and new engine models
- Features strong interpersonal and leadership skills, including problem-solving ability
- Holds previous LEAP, GE90, CFM, CF6, CF34, and GENX experience and international field experience. This knowledge to include Line maintenance, engine changes, module removal & installation, and/or LRU removals and installations.
- Holds NDT Level II experience in Ultrasonic, Eddy Current, and Fluorescent Penetrant Inspection
- Proven leadership experience leading initiatives of moderate scope and impact
- Demonstrated quality, compliance, and customer satisfaction skills
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Ability to be dispatched to a field job assignment in less than 24-hour notice
- Ability to work on customer site for a 1-3 month period, both domestic and International
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 13 May 2022
Closes 11 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Airline IT