Next Generation Products - Mechanical Design Engineer
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
Teams in the Next Generation Products space are energized with a passion for the aerospace industry and are devoted to supporting our military customers. We develop breakthrough technologies to create the future of military propulsion, continuing GE's long history of engineering excellence
Roles and Responsibilities
- Execute the design, analysis, and evaluation of hot structural components for advanced military products.
- Adhere to business standards, practices, procedures, & product requirements.
- Demonstrate systems thinking mentality to understand how work of one's team integrates with others to achieve product requirements.
- Exhibit autonomy to make decisions within a defined requirements framework while resolving design challenges in situations which require technical knowledge & judgment.
- Reviews designs & consults with senior technical leaders for evaluation of work.
- This role will require sound interpersonal skills to develop strong internal and external customer relationships by serving as an interface point within GE.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or aeronautical engineering from an accredited university.
- Must have or have the ability to obtain a US Government Security Clearance at the Secret level.
- Highly motivated, passionate, and exceptional communication skills.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a mechanical design engineering position.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze & solve technical design challenges with sound documentation, planning, & program management skills.
- Experience with finite element analysis software such as ANSYS and 3D modelling software such as NX Unigraphics.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 13 May 2022
Closes 11 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Aircraft mechanic