Intelligence Sourcing & Lean IP Operations Team Leader
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible with working with the various technical teams, during the development phase mostly, to insure proper IP (intellectual Property) positioning, review and submittal. For some organizations, responsible for coordination of the various Patent Review Boards, strategic IP initiatives in collaboration with IP council (Legal). This engineering function can report to the legal organization. Typically will obtain certification or degree in that field.
- Manages a small to medium team of senior professionals as well as others. Requires specialized knowledge within the function. Influence the development of strategy for the area of responsibility, including control of resources and influences policy formulation.
- Interprets simple internal and external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services. Stays informed of industry trends that may inform work.
- Uses high level of judgment to make decisions and handle complex tasks or problems in areas of operational, product management, manufacturing, technology or engineering. Has ability to assess quality of information given and ask pertinent questions to stakeholders. Able to offer new solutions to problems outside of set parameters and is able to construct and provide recommendations. Uses multiple internal and some external sources outside of own function to help arrive at a decision.
- May lead functional teams or projects with minimal resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity. Communicates difficult concepts and may influence others' options on particular topics. May guide others to consider a different point of view.
- For roles outside of the USA- This role requires significant experience in the Engineering/Technology & Patent Engineering. Knowledge level is comparable to a Master's degree from an accredited university or college ( or a high school diploma with relevant experience).
- For roles in USA - Master's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 6 years of experience in Job Family Group(s)/Function(s)).
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems. Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs. Established project management skills.
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years' experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 13 May 2022
Closes 11 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Project manager