Senior Process Engineer
- GE Aviation - 498 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
- Monitor processes and provide troubleshooting support to production personnel as needed to identify root cause of and correct problems that impact raw material yields, capacity, safety, and product quality, adhering to process safety management (PSM) and AS9100 quality management system requirements.
- Assist manufacturing leadership in identifying process improvements opportunities; drive continuous improvements.
- Work and collaborate on cross functional team of hardware designers, materials application engineers, certifying agents, process engineers, and quality engineers to resolve microstructural and process variations which affect engine hardware performance.
- Develop and qualify new materials and processes.
- Participate in the development and review of equipment and systems for capital projects to help ensure compliance to applicable requirements, standards and codes.
- Participate in Management of Change (MOC), HAZOP, LOPA, PSSR, PFMEA and DFMEA reviews.
- Create and maintain standards for Plant operating documentation (e.g., P&ID's, engineering specifications, PFD's, process descriptions, material and energy balances, SOP's, and operating data collection and retrieval).
- Act as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college in an engineering discipline or related scientific field (ceramic engineering/materials science & engineering/chemical engineering/chemistry preferred but not required)
- >5 years of industry related experience.
- MS or PhD in ceramic engineering/ materials science/ chemical engineering/ chemistry or related scientific discipline.
- Strong background in ceramic engineering process and equipment development.
- Experience and expertise in stress strain curve interpretation, fracture surface evaluation, and/or quantitative microscopy image interpretation.
- Experience and expertise in data collection and statistical process control in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with PSM (Process Safety Management).
- Skills or interest in structured programming (Python, Visual Basic, C or Fortran).
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems. Ability to document, plan, market and execute programs. Established project management skills.
- Humble: respectful, receptive, agile, eager to learn.
- Transparent: shares critical information, speaks with candor, contributes constructively.
- Focused: quick learner, strategically prioritizes work, committed.
- Leadership ability: strong communicator, decision-maker, collaborative.
- Problem solver: analytical-minded, challenges existing processes, critical thinker.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 13 May 2022
Closes 11 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Planning engineer