Lead Airfoil Process Engineer
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Westchester, California, United States
This role is based in the Aviation Engineering Division with coordination through an interdisciplinary team. The mission is to solve fundamental materials systems and process problems with lab scale hypothesis tests followed by validation in pilot lines while delivering development components.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Be on the leading edge of a new turbine airfoils design, materials, and additive process paradigm.
- Work to ensure Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost. Openness to iterate and collaborate systematically in an interdisciplinary team to achieve results.
- Work autonomously and with coaching. Develop solutions and inventions to top technical and business risks leveraging technical knowledge and judgment.
- Grow in technical knowledge and contribute to novel additive, ceramic core, and casting processes.
- Develop and execute material and process tests to vet improvements and proof of concepts.
- Establish controls and parameters that enable materials and processes to meet the product fit, form, and function.
- Translate technical design requirements into material and process requirements. And conversely support producibility evaluations including reviews and best practices. Assist in defining requirements for producible designs.
- Support and execute on technical roadmaps that expand material and process capabilities and limits.
- Partner with Supply Chain counterparts to fulfill short-term and long-term business objectives.
- Contribute and lead in safety, structured problem-solving initiatives, establishing a culture of LEAN, and leveraging data for tactical and strategic decision making.
- Communicate to the broader team including leadership on significant developments.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an accredited university or college
- Relevant experience in materials engineering/process, design, and/or industry
- Able to work in-person and on-site (not virtual or remote) >75% of the time
- Some local travel between sites will be required
- US citizen or green card holder
- Masters or PhD in Engineering
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and indirect team leadership skills
- Ability to develop processes and procedures from concept to production release
- Comfortable with hands-on lab and pilot line environments
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 13 May 2022
Closes 11 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Planning engineer