Lead Commodity Management Specialist
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Jacksonville, Alabama, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
- Define supplier strategy including management and optimization of supplier panels. Lead negotiations and allocate needs to specific suppliers. Negotiate terms and conditions and transmit information to Procurement. Manage claims. Includes commercial sourcing management such as data analysis, negotiations support, etc. This may also include purchasing activities.
- Developing in-depth knowledge of a discipline. Uses prior experience and acquired expertise to execute functional policy/strategy.
- A job at this level is likely to be an individual contributor, with proven interpersonal skills. Communication with direct colleagues and the business about design and coordination services rendered. Provides informal guidance to new team members. Explains complex information to others in straightforward situations.
- Impacts projects, processes and procedures in own field. The role operates with some autonomy, but is focused on execution of activities/provision of advice within an enabling discipline covered by standard functional practices and procedures. Activities require professional judgment, but may require more senior levels of guidance.
- Utilizes technical expertise and judgement to solve problems. Leverages technical skills and analytic thinking required to solve problems. May use multiple internal sources outside of own team to arrive at decisions.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 7 years of experience in Supply Chain or Sourcing).
- Minimum of 3 years of Supply Chain or Sourcing Experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
- Established project management skills.
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years' experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 13 May 2022
Closes 11 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Project manager