- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Lynn, Alabama, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop Finite Element Analysis (FEA) models of rotor & stator airfoils (compressors and turbines) and perform vibration analysis in support of new engine designs and fielded products
- Disposition nonconforming airfoils through vibration analysis to support engine delivery and field issues
- Monitor aeromechanics testing of engines / rigs / components, including instrumentation definition (light probes & strain gauges), data post-processing / trending, and model correlations to test data
- Execute with guidance the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements.
- Resolves issues using established procedures. Consults supervisor or more senior team members for issues outside of defined instructions/parameters.
- Collaborates with others to solve issues. Exchanges technical information, asks questions and checks for understanding.
- Prepare and present technical data to internal and external customers
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in an engineering position)
- Knowledge of mechanical design principles
- Any relevant experience in aeroelasticity and vibration
- Experience with ANSYS mechanical analysis
- Familiarity with computational fluid dynamics (CFD)
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 13 May 2022
Closes 11 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Aircraft mechanic