Lead Manufacturing Specialist
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
In this role, you will:
- Operate, maintain, and troubleshoot multiple pieces of equipment within facility to enable delivery of development/prototype hardware, and low-rate production hardware
- Coordinate with site Environmental Health and Safety representatives to ensure safe working conditions within the lab including adherence to EHS regulations
- Proactively monitor lab facilities daily to maintain successful and efficient operation. Work with GE Facilities team, Union personnel, and outside contractors on facilities issues, improvements, and scheduled maintenance
- Lead initiatives focused on operational process improvements and 5S activities
- Lead team meetings focused on daily operations, quality, and EHS
- Work with engineers to complete assigned projects including development and documentation of process improvements
- Develop, author and follow technical plans to meet desired manufacturing objectives
- Meet quality system requirements for Aerospace applications
- Adhere to a detailed schedule for a complex engineering and / or manufacturing development work scope
- Participate on teams assigned to address specific organizational initiatives
- Share engineering information, promote open dialogue, and support an inclusive work environment
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks are consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Maintain currency and compliance with GE policies, procedures and directives, including vouchering, reporting, operating, environmental and safety practices
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with a Minimum of 3 years of manufacturing experience. (or high school diploma with 4 years of manufacturing experience).
- Humble: respectful, receptive, agile, eager to learn
- Transparent: shares critical information, speaks with candor, contributes constructively
- Focused: quick learner, strategically prioritizes work, committed
- Leadership ability: strong communicator, decision-maker, collaborative
- Problem solver: analytical-minded, challenges existing processes, critical thinker
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 13 May 2022
Closes 11 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Project manager