Senior Software Engineer
- GE Aviation - 498 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Senior Software Engineer, GE Additive Arcam EBM
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer in our Engineering & Technology organization. Arcam, a GE Additive company, is an innovative partner for manufacturing in the orthopedic implant and aerospace industries, where we deliver customer value through our competence and solution orientation. Since the birth of Arcam, our vision has remained the same: to revolutionize the art of manufacturing complex parts. Featuring some of the most advanced additive technologies available, machines from Arcam enable customers to grow products quickly and precisely.
We design and manufacture state-of-the-art metal 3D printers.
In the role as Senior Software Engineer you will deliver high quality software and specifications. You will contribute with your great coding skills, knowledge of software design principles and full lifecycle development.
Arcam EBM is a part of a bigger GE Additive family and this role requires collaboration through-out the GE Additive software community. Expectations on a senior software engineer includes taking roles that lead activities.
Advanced control software and monitoring software is an integral part of our metal 3D printer; you thrive when you work in cross-functional teams and help solve tough problems.
- Evaluate software solutions
- Enable software capability improvements
- Full lifecycle development
- Serve as a subject matter expert on complex parts of the software
- Analyze and troubleshoot software related issues
- Cooperate with other teams to deliver a suitable solution
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Master's degree in Engineering (or similar)
- Good track record of software development
- Understanding of complex systems
- Broad technical knowledge is a plus
- Good communication in verbal and written English. Fluent in Swedish is meriting.
- Experience in C#
- As a person you are positive, have great communication skills, is structured and pragmatic. You bring energy and drive to the teams you work with. We solve the problems together without prestige.
A fun, flexible and technically advanced environment with interesting customers. Full time position with a wide variety of added employee benefits, including bonus, flexible working hours, health and pension insurance benefits. We offer you an exciting and global working environment which will give you valuable experience and contribute to your future development. You will have the opportunity to interact with highly committed colleagues from different cultures and within all engineering fields. You will work side by side with world leading experts.
We strive for gender balance and believe that actively prioritizing a high level of diversity in our workforce creates competitive advantage. It is our people that make the difference!
We produce the most advanced metal 3D-printers in the world. Our state-of-the-art machines are designed by our engineering teams, manufactured in Sweden/Germany and used worldwide to create rockets, medical implants, aircraft engines etc.
We use an electron beam to melt heated metal powder (temperatures exceeding 800°C) within a vacuum chamber to build complex metal parts layer by layer. The electron beam gun is focusing a 6kW energy beam to a spot that is smaller than a millimeter and moves faster than a bullet. Everything is designed in-house.
The machine has NIR cameras and x-ray sensors for in-situ monitoring of beam characteristics, defect detection and temperature control. And guess what? We also design the algorithms and implement them in our lab and production suite. "This is the first time I've heard people discussing integrals and using the theory of relativity in their daily work".
The EBM division of GE Additive has the benefit of the smaller agile company with the muscles of an enterprise. We have collaboration with colleagues in Germany, India and US as well as customers all over the world.
As a part of the Software, Controls and In-situ team you are part of a team that ships software products, explore new innovations and doing research projects. You will work side by side with PhDs, experts and talented engineers in engineering fields such as mechanical, simulation, electronics and materials. You will need to see the big picture as well as the details. It will be your job to r
- Full time
Posted 13 May 2022
Closes 11 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Maintenance manager