Huntsville Technician A
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
Roles and Responsibilities:
- The Huntsville Technician will be a hands-on self-starter, supporting plant production process to meet all safety and operational goals.
- Work with chemical processes in a Process Safety Management (PSM) manufacturing facility. This job requires a person with a safety first mindset and unyielding integrity
- Work on night shift
- Run required manufacturing equipment focusing first and foremost on safety requirements
- Meet Huntsville's quality and delivery requirements based on customer need
- Correctly and accurately complete required paper work, correctly documenting all manufacturing actions, parts and time.
- Lead by example in all GE initiatives including EHS, HR, Six Sigma, Quality, and computerized maintenance management.
- Team focused, steps-in and willingly assist other manufacturing teammates as required
- Willingness to cross train on multiple operations to support business production plan
- Ability and willingness to work on night shift
- Must qualify for and utilize specialized personal protective equipment as required for the position including arc flash, respirator, fall protection etc.
- Have good mobility, with the ability to climb stairs and ladders and occasionally required work at heights.
- This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology.
GE will require proof of status prior to employment
- GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- Experience working in a chemical processing facility
- AA/AS degree or equivalent number of years of education and manufacturing experience
- Ability to use calipers, micrometers, and gauges while performing manufacturing operations
- Vacuum pump, fiber winding and chemical plant experience
- Takes initiative to meet target schedules, actively and continuously working to improve processes and procedures.
- History of working effectively with company
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 13 May 2022
Closes 11 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Aircraft mechanic