Lead Engineer Mechanical Component- Hybrid
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
GE Aviation is offering the opportunity to work with the latest technologies and applications, specializing in aircraft engine design and analysis, in a technology base. Our location, Gebze Turkey Technology Center (TTC) in Kocaeli, is one of GE Aviation's nine engineering centers throughout the world, supporting aviation-related R&D and innovation projects that expand with new investments. Our campus is in Gebze, Kocaeli.
- Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements
- Provide technical leadership to personnel supporting the assigned project
- Document technical data generated by the assigned project consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments
- Participate on teams assigned to address organizational initiatives and generic issues
- Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Perform component/assembly level design assessments for engine hardware in accordance to the required Design Practices for Aircraft Engines and Gas Turbines. (e.g Combustor, Compressor, High Pressure Turbine, Low Pressure Turbine and Fan hardware including blades, vanes, cases, frames, disks, seals and shafts)
- Work with suppliers to resolve manufacturing relevant problems and engage/lead identified improvements for fielded products.
- Understand and evaluate the overall effects of engine operations on the hardware, such as thermal effects, vibratory, maneuver and limit loads.
- Perform design reviews at several stages of design and redesigns.
- Conduct stress and life analyses in support of engine certifications and qualifications, design optimization to meet life goals and test capability assessment of engine hardware.
- Understand and evaluate Federal Aviation Authority requirements when an engine component is redesigned.
- Mentoring less experienced engineers in design analysis and hardware procurement.
- Document technical data generated by assigned projects consistent with engineering policies and procedures.
- BSc or MSc degree in Mechanical Engineering or Aeronautical Engineering
- At least 3 years of experience in Aviation Engineering position, hands on experience in engine design
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Proficient in the use of engineering software. (such as NX and ANSYS)
- Solid oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong technical aptitude, including applicable engineering tools and systems
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
- Adaptable to work with teams from various cultures, understand behavioral and communicational differences, open to flex work style as necessary.
- Have understanding of Lean at Engineering or open to learn and adapt Lean principles.
- Project management and communication skills, able to monitor project status, business issues, significant milestones.
- Ability to multi-task effectively in a result oriented, risk managing approach.
- Proven self-starter and quick learner who can work with cross-functional teams.
- Taken courses in Advanced Mechanical Design, Elasticity, Modal Analysis, Advanced Vibrations and Fatigue Analysis.
- Familiarity with GD&T (Geometric Dimensional and Tolerancing)
- Humble: respectful, receptive, agile, eager to learn
- Transparent: shares critical information, speaks with candor, contributes constructively
- Focused: quick learner, strategically prioritizes work, committed
- Leadership ability: strong communicator, decision-maker, collaborative
- Problem solver: analytical-minded, challenges existing processes, critical thinker
GE Aviation Turkey offers you the following:
- Strong inclusive and diverse company culture
- Being part of dynamic team
- Hybrid working opportunity
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible benefit plan
- Enhanced paternity leave
- Health insurance with wide coverage including spouse and children
- Fitness Benefit
- Life Assurance
- Employee Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 13 May 2022
Closes 11 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Aircraft mechanic