Embedded Software Development Engineer
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Westchester, California, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
- Learn engine software build process and execute builds as required
- Learn engine software testing/verification procedures and execute as required
- Participate in software tools development
- Participate in LEAN activities to improve software development process.
- Provide timely communication to leadership & team members on assigned tasks
- Interact with Global team on daily basis to meet tasks objectives
- Learn GE's Engine Software development process
- Execute assigned tasks consistent with engineering policies & procedures
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 6 years of experience in Job Family Group(s)/Function(s)).
- Familiarity with developing real time software for embedded systems
- Working knowledge of C and knowledge with other computing languages such as: assembly, Perl, or Python
- Familiarity with test systems and methods for embedded software design
- Experience with requirements documentation and analysis
- Familiarity with the following tools: DOORs, SCADE, RTC or Synergy / Change, SIMICS,
- Simulation using NPSS
- Familiarity with military or commercial software qualification process (MIL-HDBK 516C, DO-178C and related commercial software certification standards for embedded software)
- Familiarity with digital communication protocols such as: Mil-Std-1553B, ARINC 429, IEEE-1394, ARINC 664, EADIN, and/or CAN bus
- Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and software engineering principles
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to document and execute project tasks.
- Deliver with focus.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 13 May 2022
Closes 11 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Product support