Data Governance Lead
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Cincinnati, Indiana, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
• You will become deep subject matter expert in our data landscape and governance strategy and toolset.
• Deliver a data governance strategy and roadmap and leading its implementation.
• Identify requirements around data tagging and labelling.
• Develop policies, processes, and procedure to support work and consistent data handling.
• Support the establishment of common enterprise data definitions and standards.
• Engage and partner with technical teams and functional owners of data types and involve the business in data stewardship roles and tasks.
• Work with stakeholders to ensure acceptance and sponsorship for data governance policies and procedures.
• Highlight data quality concerns from multiple user perspectives and in varying contexts to ensure the right data is targeted for quality improvement and report on the integrity of the organization's data assets.
• Define a specific set of maturity milestone indicators and monitor customer satisfaction and overall progress across data domains toward them.
• Oversea the use of tools and technologies involved in data governance procedures, to ensure ongoing performance and cost-effectiveness.
• Manage project risk, scope changes and other non-standard events on an ongoing basis.
• Support the execution team with resolution of roadblocks and interdependencies.
• Ensure data quality issues are logged, tracked, and remediated in a timely and effective manner.
• Maintain a data governance organization structure, which is effective in upholding data governance policy and performing data governance processes.
• Communicate and represent to executive leadership on program status, risks, and issues.
• Build rapport and trust with business teams to expand use cases for the data governance tools.
• End to end ownership for remediation plans, including project initiation, scoping, resourcing, scheduling, budgeting, risk management and communication.
Bachelor's degree from accredited university or college with minimum of 5 years of professional experience OR Associates degree with minimum of 8 years of professional experience OR High School Diploma with minimum of 10 years of professional experience
Minimum 5 years of professional experience in data governance
Note: Military experience is equivalent to professional experience
-Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
Desired Characteristics Technical Expertise:
Extensive experience of data governance experience in a related industry.
A Bachelor's degree in Business or Information Technology, or an accredited qualification is a plus.
Knowledge of Data Governance practices, business and technology issues related to management of enterprise information assets and approaches to data integrity.
Effective consulting skills, with change management concepts and strategies, including communication, culture change and performance measurement system design.
Knowledge and experience of data governance tools and technology solutions
Deep subject matter expertise in the ability to shape and influence the way things are done.
Ability to self-direct and experience successfully delivering on complex IT projects from beginning to end.
Knowledge of data security and privacy regulations and practices.
Ability to keep up with technology advancements.
Exceptional communication skills.
Exceptional presentation skills.
Leadership skills to establish best practices and collaborative ways of working.
General knowledge of Storage Devices (NetApp, EMC, Hitachi, etc.) and File System Permissions for NFS, CFIS, NTFS, DFS).
General knowledge SQL (SQL Query & Analysis, SQL Management, etc.).
Expert in breaking down problems and estimate time for development tasks.
Proven track record of successfully managing and executing on short term and long-term projects and the ability to establish rapport with various roles (exec
- Full time
Posted 13 May 2022
Closes 11 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Project manager