- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Norwich, Connecticut, United States
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Set up test equipment and test complex equipment using established procedures, schematics and applicable Engineering, Manufacturing, Component Maintenance Manuals, or other approved documentation. May include vibration and thermal cycle testing (based on assignment).
- Troubleshoot, layout, install, modification and maintenance of complex electronics equipment utilizing schematics and knowledge of the assigned technology, systems, and components.
- Use associated tools, measuring and testing equipment.
- Setup test stand and manipulate the software to work with the control.
- Perform tests of various types according to engineering documentation and knowledge of electrical and mechanical principles.
- Create appropriate documentation when needed (electrical schematics, procedures, instructions etc..)
- Interact with internal and external customers as needed.
- Accept independent responsibility for compliance to Environment, Health and Safety.
- Flow back and forth between projects while maintaining departmental quality standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree in Electronics or Industrial Electronics related field from an accredited college or equivalent military education/training in electronics.
- This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
- Programming ability using Microsoft C or Visual Basic
- Experience with CAD
- Demonstrated experience in maintenance and troubleshooting of electronics
- Demonstrated ability in reading and interpretation of electrical schematics
- Basic knowledge of electronic / electrical theory
- Good manual dexterity to work with hand tools, test equipment and computers
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Flexible under changing conditions and with different tasks, responsibilities and people
- Self-motivated in learning and development of their skills
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 10 May 2022
Closes 8 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Electrical engineer