Casting Process Engineer
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Beavercreek, Ohio, United States
The Casting Process Engineer will impact the quality of the broader cross-functional team from design engineering to supply chain and delivery. Executes and supports technical outcomes subject to needs and project/program mission.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Able to work both autonomously and with coaching within a defined framework. Resolves issues in situations that require good technical knowledge and judgment within established procedures. Consults more senior team members for issues outside of defined instructions/parameters.
- A job at this level requires good interpersonal skills and may be required to lead a junior team. For customer facing roles, develops strong customer relationships and serves as the interface between customer and GE. Explains technical information to others.
- Execute and deliver on casting development initiatives including unconventional precision ceramics such as additive methods for casting applications
- Grow in technical knowledge and contribute to the development of advanced casting processes
- Development of processes from conception to production by support MRL maturation of cutting-edge casting methods
- Support evaluations of industry trends including contributions to competitive landscaping efforts
- Cross-functional with Design, Heat Transfer, Machining and Coating Operations, Materials Application Engineers, Ceramists, Additive Engineering, Quality, and more
- Work closely with supply chain to solve production concerns
- Document lessons and new standards by deploying new work instructions and standard operating procedures
- Translate technical requirements to process requirements including evaluations of new drawing and specification requirements
- Quality and Inspections: ensure processes meet metallography and dimensional requirements
- Ability to leverage additive techniques for process improvements, including but not limited to new tooling and for demonstrating new concepts
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college
- Able to work in-person (not virtual) > 75% of the time with ability to travel between local sites
- US Citizen or green card holder
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
- Atleast 3 years of relevant design and/or manufacturing experience
- Experience with development of investment casting processes
- Single Crystal Materials experience
- Familiar with NX or an equivalent CAD software
- Familiar with GOM or Polyworks or an equivalent metrology software
- Familiar with traditional casting processes : core, wax, shell, cast, clean, HT, NDT, etc.
- Ability to develop processes and procedures from concept to in production release
- GD&T Awareness
- Comfortable working hands-on in development lab and manufacturing pilot line environments
- Frequent communication throughout the organization
- Embrace and promote a culture of respect for all people in all positions
- Ability to read technical drawings
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 10 May 2022
Closes 8 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Planning engineer