Finance Manager - Group Financial Reporting (Stats)
- easyJet - 48 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/easyjet/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/c8af808d-5d02-4385-abe7-72a5b3b45582131202433215856711.png
Greater London, England
FINANCE MANAGER - GROUP FINANCIAL REPORTING (Stats)
We have disrupted the way people travel since we started 25 years ago, and we don't intend on stopping. We may be emerging from the biggest challenge in our history, but we are confident that we have taken the right action to build back stronger and better through maintaining liquidity, focusing on positive contribution flying and delivering on major restructuring and cost reduction programmes. With over 300 aircraft flying over 800 routes to more than 30 countries, we are the UK's largest airline.
We want you to play a part in this and #belongherewithus. Join us and you will play a part in the success of our innovate, fast-paced business that connects Europe with the warmest welcome in the sky.
Reporting to the Group Chief Accountant, the Finance Manager - Group Financial Reporting role sits within the Group Financial Reporting (GFR) team and is an integral member of the wider Group Financial Reporting & Control team. Internally, the GFR team are accountable for monthly Group management accounts, managing the month end close and CFO sign-off, producing monthly CFO reporting and AMB (Airline Management Board) and Plc performance reports. For easyJet Group's external financial reporting the team deliver the Group Annual Report and Accounts and half year disclosure working closely with Investor Relations. Additionally, the GFR team are responsible for easyJet's relationship with the company auditors, oversight of the Group balance sheet and are the functional owners of easyJet's Finance GL and Fixed Assets ERPs.
The Finance Manager - Group Financial Reporting is responsible for the production of easyJet's Group statutory reporting, Group statutory cash flow and monthly AMB and Plc reporting. The role owns the relationship with key 3 rd party suppliers in our Annual Report process and co-ordinates across the easyJet finance teams & business colleagues to deliver high-quality 'fair, balanced and understandable' external financial reporting. Key to the success of this role is a focus on quality output, financial integrity, and insightful commentary. The role works alongside other GFR Finance Managers and supports the overall team output as required.
- Ownership for the delivery of monthly AMB and Plc board reporting packs; preparation of packs and robust peer review to ensure insightful commentary
- Support of month end delivery as required for the GFR team
Half year and annual reporting
- Prepare "back half" of the Annual Report and the Interim Report and ensure compliance with easyJet's accounting policies and accounting standards
- Responsible for producing the interim and year end statutory cash flow (moving to quarterly) and working with the FP&A team to establish and report monthly cash flow reporting requirements
- Prepare designated sections and project manage the production of "front half" of the Annual Report, engaging heavily with stakeholders across all levels and many areas of business
- Act as first point of contact for auditor queries, resolving where appropriate
- Benchmark external reporting against best practice and comparator group
- Ownership of the reporting tool ensuring robust controls on completeness & accuracy, introducing additional functionality and improvements and owning the 3 rd party relationship with the supplier
- Ownership of 3 rd party relationship with the production company for the Annual Report & Accounts
Continuous improvement, Communication and Financial Control
- Supports the robustness of the internal financial control environment; working with Finance SME's to ensure controls are robust
- Supports re-engineering and driving standardisation across key processes
- Collaborates with Finance SME's and business teams across easyJet to implement relevant improvements and other measurements to assist in improving the statutory accounting and monthly close processes
- Participate in other projects as required
This is a senior role and as such there is a large degree of self-management. Delegated authorities outline the business authorities but this role has a high degree of day to day accounting responsibility.
- Ownership and Delivery . Has a clear focus to drive delivery of results, working to target, reviewing progress and adapting their plans accordingly, motivating themselves and the team to achieve.
- Innovation and Change . Is open to new ways of doing things and questions existing approaches, views change as an opportunity, comfortable working in a dynamic and ambiguou
- Full time
Posted 9 May 2022
Closes 8 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Airline finance