Aircraft Engine Test & Facility Hardware Lead Engineer
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Lynn, Alabama, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
- Serve as mechanical component designer for engine and facility component mounting systems
- Design ancillary engine test hardware as required for unique development tests
- Develop piping & instrumentation diagrams, design and deliver piping systems for process water, lubrication, fuel, air bleed and air supplies
- Coordinate the design, delivery and installation of high-temperature exhaust systems for engine test cells
- Lead mechanical design efforts throughout product life-cycle including requirements definition, concept development, engineering analysis, drawing definition, vendor coordination, equipment delivery and deployment into the test facility
- Deliver Design Reviews to GE-internal technical leadership and/or coordinate with supporting outside vendors to do the same
- Provide on-site support throughout installation, commissioning, and technical direction to exempt, non-exempt and hourly personnel
- Manage technical execution, schedule, and budget for test facilities development and deliver updates to GE leadership
- Drive risk mitigation initiatives to minimize failures at test
- Promote technology advancements for continuous improvement, modernization and operational efficiency of test facilities
- Provide detailed documentation of projects in the form of design records, issued drawings and specifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, or Computer Science from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a facilities engineering role applicable to aircraft engine test, gas turbine power generation (via steam, oil, gas or nuclear) maritime/marine engineering or other similar industry
- Mechanical component design experience inclusive of dynamics & stress analysis, fluid mechanics analysis, competencies in finite element analysis and CAD fluency may replace Facilities Engineering experience
- Proven facilitation and collaboration skills
- Flexible and friendly approach to working in teams
- Self-starter with ability to learn quickly, solve problems and drive solutions
- Highly-motivated, passionate and exceptional communication skills
- Keen listener and innate drive to succeed
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 9 May 2022
Closes 7 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Fabricator