Systems Verification Test Engineer
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, England
This role is perfect for anyone looking to grow their career as a systems engineer within an exciting industry. As part of our Systems and Software team, you will be responsible for assigned testing and troubleshooting an electrical power distribution system within our Electrical Power Integration Centre (EPIC) - key to the development of safety-critical software for the system. Alongside senior engineers, you will be mentored and guided into a Systems Engineer capable of delivering on both Safety of Flight and Certification verification activities over the next few years with exciting opportunities for growth within the organisation.
You will be joining an inclusive and diverse team of experienced technical systems and software engineers who care about ensuring full lifecycle completeness and consistency. We are committed to improving our project execution through taking a lean and innovative approach to problem-solving and continuous improvement. We share technical knowledge and lessons learnt with others in the team, the department and across the wider engineering organisation. We are passionate about professional growth and developing our team culture, capability & capacity to meet customer needs whilst enabling every engineer to reach their potential through continuous learning. If this sounds like an environment in which you would thrive, then apply now!
Job Description The Role & Essential Responsibilities
You will have active responsibilities on the Verification and Integration phases of a new electrical power distribution system.
Working to rigorous safety standards you will be authoring and executing system level tests to verify our product. In the event that the test fails to pass you will be able to apply your systems engineering knowledge to perform a test result analysis and either update the test procedure or enable the software team to de-bug software, design in modifications into the systems lab environment and perform hands-on testing to expand on your knowledge of test equipment and processes for working safely in high power environments.
By joining GE Aviation at Cheltenham, ultimately, as part of a healthy power distribution systems department, you will have the opportunity to move projects and roles to provide variety and grow your responsibility as your experience increases.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Awareness of different verification strategies and test equipment will aid in creating, updating and performing systems tests - be it script-based automated tests, or writing procedures for manual actions. Awareness of or an interest in test infrastructure and the design of test facilities is key to success in this role.
- Experience of the system design lifecycle within aerospace, automotive or similar embedded software development environment, this could have been gained through a placement / internship, or, from direct work experience
- A good appreciation of system baseline management is essential.
- Awareness of development of real-time embedded software processes, and subsequent verification.
- Awareness of target hardware and test equipment.
- Ability to execute and solve problems autonomously.
- A degree from an accredited university or college or equivalent level of knowledge and experience.
- You will be working in a team environment, so good written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- A passion for engineering and sustainability with a keen interest in industry trends and electrification of aircraft will enable you to contribute to the growth of the business portfolio of next generation of market-leading products!
- Our department actively encourages cross-functional skills therefore an awareness of systems and/or hardware or software design engineering is an advantage.
- Prior experience working in a team setting and/or working with a customer.
- A general understanding of electrical power distribution systems.
- Awareness of Agile and Kanban techniques.
- Awareness of lean methodologies for problem solving.
- Familiar with ARP4754A, or similar.
- A positive attitude, initiative, pro-activeness and an enthusiasm and passion for Systems Engineering will help you succeed in the department. If you share our team vision to demonstrate success by achieving and exceeding customer expectations, then apply now!
GE supports and encourages flexible working arrangements, where possible, and recognises the benefits
- Full time
- Boeing 777-200 / 300
Posted 7 May 2022
Closes 5 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Product support