Staff Engineer - Mechanical Systems, Adv Design
- GE Aviation - 498 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Impacts approaches, projects and programs in the functional area or affected business organization and ways of working. Impacts quality, efficiency and effectiveness of own team. Has significant input into priorities. Guided by professional practices and policies that are shaped by the role. The role has moderate autonomy, requiring high levels of operational judgment.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Conceptual or theoretical activities relating to identification and development, monitoring the productivity and reliability of new, conceptual, and untested technologies for aircraft engines.
- Developing specialized knowledge in their discipline. Serves as best practice/quality resource. Has awareness of latest technical developments in own area. Contributes towards strategy and policy development, and ensure delivery within area of responsibility.
- Has in-depth knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; has working knowledge of competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market.
- Uses judgment to make decisions or solve moderately complex tasks or problems in areas of operational/product management, manufacturing, technology or engineering. Takes new perspective on existing solutions. Uses technical experience and expertise for data analysis to support recommendations. Uses multiple internal and limited external sources outside of own function to arrive at decisions.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. May lead small projects with moderate risks and resource requirements. Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus. Developing persuasion skills required to influence others on topics within field.
- Post graduate degree/PhDs in Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace engineering or equivalent
- 8+ years of experience on Aircraft engines or Turbomachinery with significant experience in the Mechanical Systems domain
- Strong engineering problem solving capabilities
- Strong project management skills including cross-functional coordination of activities
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization both internally and externally
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects. Established project management skills.
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs
- Full time
Posted 7 May 2022
Closes 5 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Product support