Production Supervisor - 2nd shift
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Rutland, Illinois, United States
This is a 2nd shift position (3pm-11pm)
Roles and Responsibilities
In addition, as the Production Supervisor, you will:
- Oversee and manage front-line manufacturing production associates for respective business
- Perform employee evaluations as necessary
- Conduct and execute on manpower planning and training in order to develop adequate skills within the team to meet customer requirements
- Mentor Team Leaders in the ability to problem solve and coach peers
- Resolve problems through the application of acquired expertise guided by precedent
- Work together with colleagues across site and specific business unit
- Be responsible for quality, cost, delivery, and safety metrics for assigned team
- Coach, counsel, recognize, and discipline employees as necessary
- Communicates across all levels and functions of the Rutland facility, including direct reports, peers, senior leadership, as well as Maintenance, Quality, EHS, and Finance
- Flexibility in schedule to work an offshift position - 2nd Shift (3pm-11pm)
Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in Manufacturing minimum 3 years of manufacturing experience)
- Humble: respectful, receptive, agile, eager to learn
- Transparent: shares critical information, speaks with candor, contributes constructively
- Focused: quick learner, strategically prioritizes work, committed
- Leadership ability: strong communicator, decision-maker, collaborative
- Problem solver: analytical-minded, challenges existing processes, critical thinker
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 7 May 2022
Closes 5 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Project manager