Engineer - Power Electronics
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
- Design and develop high voltage power electronic circuits and components for Aviation industry products such as converters, inverters, and power supplies
- Provide technical inputs to the cross functional team working on the project
- Participate and present in the technical reviews
- Implement plans to meet technical program requirements by working with suppliers, manufacturing, and other disciplines
- Develop and implement action plans to address issues associated with power electronics as they arise on programs
- Provide technical support for various customer proposals
- Develop specialized knowledge in power electronics. Has awareness of latest technical developments in own area. Contribute towards strategy and policy development and ensure delivery within area of responsibility.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; develops working knowledge of competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market
- Uses judgment to make decisions or solve moderately complex tasks or problems in areas of operational/product management, manufacturing, technology or engineering. Takes new perspective on existing solutions. Uses technical experience and expertise for data analysis to support recommendations. Uses multiple internal and limited external sources outside of own function to arrive at decisions.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college
- Experience in electrical power engineering
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 2 years experience designing power electronic circuits
- Experience with high voltage and high power converters/inverters
- Knowledge of EMI (CM an DM), transformers, and semiconductor switches and different PWM schemes
- Simulation experience with PLECS or similar tools
- Knowledge and design experience with 3-phase motor/generator systems
- Electrical circuit design experience and layout knowledge
- Hands on experience working in a lab environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years' experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 6 May 2022
Closes 4 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Electrical engineer