- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Lynn, Alabama, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manufacturing engineering tasks that do not require 4 year degree. Primarily tactical responsibilities. This does not include general administrative work.
- Broadening knowledge of own technical discipline to execute policy/strategy. May include support roles with specialized technical field of knowledge; still acquiring higher level knowledge and skills.
- Basic understanding of key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work. Good understanding of how work of own team integrates with other teams and contributes to the area.
- May have some autonomy to make decisions within a defined framework. Resolves issues in situations that require good technical knowledge and judgment within established procedures. Consults more senior team members for issues outside of defined instructions/parameters.
- A job at this level requires good interpersonal skills and may be required to lead a junior team. For customer facing roles, develops strong customer relationships and serves as the interface between customer and GE. Explains technical information to others.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in Manufacturing)
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
- Prior experience with machining (milling, turning, EDM, grinding, etc.) of high temperature alloys.
- Self-motivated to get the solution with reasonable amount of time and financial support
- Communicate effectively with operators, peers, and management, in both written and oral manners
- Six Sigma or equivalent Quality training
- Ability to analyze problems, identify root causes and provide efficient solutions using structured methodologies such as Root Cause Analysis (RCA), five-why, Kepner Tregoe (KT), etc.
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to handle diverse activities simultaneously
- Humble: respectful, receptive, agile, eager to learn
- Transparent: shares critical information, speaks with candor, contributes constructively
- Focused: quick learner, strategically prioritizes work, committed
- Leadership ability: strong communicator, decision-maker, collaborative
- Problem solver: analytical-minded, challenges existing processes, critical thinker
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 6 May 2022
Closes 4 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Planning engineer