Advanced Design Team (ADT) Senior Software Engineer
- GE Aviation - 498 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
At GE Aviation, we invent the future of flight, lift people up, and bring them home safely. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GE9X engines, driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, or unlocking new opportunities to grow and deliver more productivity, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to moving the aerospace industry forward. If you join us, you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us looking ahead.
Developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work collaboratively and cross-functionally with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. If you're passionate about generating advances in aviation to solve some of the world's toughest problems and are looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE as we rise to the challenge of building a world that works.
The Advanced Design Tools (ADT) team is a software organization which develops and maintains a portfolio of engineering tools for GE Aviation (commercial and military divisions), Power, and Renewables. This portfolio covers a wide range of applications, including scientific simulation, modeling, visualization, data science, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and engineering productivity.
As a member of ADT, you will develop and support new and existing software in that portfolio. Your contributions will be directly aligned with GE Aviation's technology initiatives to invent the future of flight.
In this role, you will be:
- Contributing to all software development lifecycle (SDLC) phases: definition of customer needs; architectural design and selection of appropriate technology solutions; development; testing; deployment; user support and software maintenance.
- Actively participating in the definition and application of ADT's SDLC best practices, including the creation of standards for software quality and testing.
- Participating in ADT's modernization efforts aimed at improving development productivity and velocity.
- Working and communicating effectively in a highly collaborative environment with internal and external ADT stakeholders.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or one of the "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) from an accredited university or college.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in programming commercial applications with Bash, C/C++, Matlab, Python, and/or Fortran.
- Experience with test automation frameworks such as jUnit, Google Test Framework and/or other similar technologies.
- Experience with modern SDLC methodologies, such as Lean, Agile, XP, CI, Product Security, TDD, and BDD.
- Familiarity with version control systems such as SVN, CVS, Git and GitHub.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills and demonstrated ability to work in a cross-functional environment with IT and engineering teams.
- The location where the work needs to be performed is Cincinnati, OH.
- Must be US Citizen
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or one of the "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) from an accredited university or college.
- Experience in RDBMS databases and SQL is a plus
- Exposure to Web Technologies is a plus
- Working experience on Aviation Engineering domain is desirable
- Knowledge of turbomachinery fundamentals.
- Knowledge of basic, fundamental numerical methods in linear algebra and numerical analysis.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees full
- Full time
Posted 5 May 2022
Closes 3 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Maintenance manager