Metallic Materials Staff Engineer
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Lynn, Alabama, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
- As a Metallic Materials Engineer you will:
- Understand and apply technical requirements from specifications and engineering drawings that impact materials and processes and provide guidance to multidisciplinary teams
- Define and substantiate material and process selections on new designs & changes to design
- Evaluate, compare and obtain property data to guide material selection for component improvements
- Evaluate impacts to material characteristics for initial part qualifications, subsequent process changes and repairs
- Research component history and material properties to apply lessons learned from field experience, manufacturing evolutions, and development programs
- Perform metallurgical evaluations of engine run hardware and manufacturing issues
- Document and communicate investigation results through technical reports and presentations
- Identify Materials and Process technology gaps and propose solutions for component durability or future designs
- B.S, M.S. or PhD degree in Materials Engineering, Materials Science or Metallurgy from an accredited college or university
- A minimum of 8 years related engineering experience
- Familiarity or research in the following competencies:
- Nickel/cobalt base superalloys, titanium, aluminum, copper alloys or steels
- Processes (e.g. casting, forging, heat treating, brazing, welding, coating,)
- Characterization (Scanning electron microscopy, metallography, hardness, fractography)
- Experience with manufacturing, quality systems or component field support
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously, strategically prioritize work
- A self-starter with an eye on problem solving and driving solutions
- Proven facilitation and collaboration skills in multi-disciplinary teams
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years' experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 5 May 2022
Closes 3 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Planning engineer