Advanced Lead Engineer-Ceramic Matrix Composite Raw Material Processing, Ceramic Processing
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
In this role, you will partner with design teams and a vertically integrated supply chain to advance CMC raw material technology performing tasks such as materials development, characterization, and process qualification with a background of ceramic processing knowledge.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Advance technology and manufacturing readiness levels for CMC raw material processes and equipment.
- Execute on strategic CMC roadmaps that support component durability, performance, and cost out
- Plan and manage engineering budget and resources on specific projects advancing raw material processing technology
- Partner with Design and Supply Chain to support CMC technology maturation programs, root cause investigations, and other process or material development to support current fielded products like LEAP and GE9X
- Develop next generation CMC materials and processes to support future commercial and/or military components
- Support data analytics and modeling of manufacturing processes
- Develop process and material engineering knowledge to review and approve process manufacturing changes for production qualification.
- Provide technical leadership and expertise on program tasks and management
- Participate on cross-functional teams analyzing and resolving problems
- Communicate program plans and gaps to leadership and within work group
- Document technical data and lessons learned
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, or Computer Science
- At least 3 additional years of experience within an engineering environment
- Knowledge of ceramic processing
- Effective team building and project management ability
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Knowledge of EBC materials and processing
- Knowledge of CMC materials and processing
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 5 May 2022
Closes 3 Jun 2022
This job was posted to: Project manager